Smashing the Cis-STEM, Breaking the Binary #SendEd2NUS
I'm non binary and go by they/them pronouns. I am a third year Biochemistry student.
What have I done for LGBT+ students?
- I was President of KCL LGBT+ Society and LGBT+ Associaition Head for KCLSU in 2016/17, and Trans Officer for KCL LGBT+ in 2015/16
- Worked to change the cissexist wording on Health & Bioscience courses
- Worked with Diversity & Inclusion to create a video for prospective students about life for LGBT+ students at KCL
- Created a Trans Students of London group
- Lead the sucessful Trans Officer on Council Campaign
- Helped lead the sucessful Gender Neutral Toilet Campaign
- Worked on the campaign to require Pronouns in KCLSU introductions
- Volunteered & Delivered KCLSU LGBT+ Equality & Diversity Training
- Attended NUS LGBT+ Conference 2016 & 17, and NUS Trans Conference 17
Why should I go to NUS LGBT+ Conference?
- Having attended this conference for 2 years now, I have a good understanding of NUS Conference's impact on KCLSU and King's
- I can discuss my work on the Gender Neutral Toilets Campaign with students from across the country
- I can continue my campaign for less cissexist language on Health, Life and Biomedical Science courses