Accessibility. Inclusivity. Respect.
A Strong Reliable Leader With A Solid SU Track Record!
You Can Trust Me To Deliver Again!
I'm Georgie! I'm the current LGBT+ Prez and former DSO for the past 2 years! I have both physical and mental health conditions so I hope I can continue to represent our needs!
I really hope my track record and vision for Inclusivity, Accessibility and Respect can win your vote!
What I've done already:
- Won the Full Laurel KCLSU ?Award for outstanding service to the University as Disabled Students' Officer
- Helped create the App 'Disabled Go'
- Challenged the KCL Counselling Service on their institutional Racism on the highest level
- Consulted on the KCL Visioning Project 2029
- Consulted on the Bush House Building Project to ensure it is fully accessible
- Challenged KCL Estates to make Student Halls Accessible and comply with 2010 Equality Act Regulations
- Personally replied and helped over 400 emailing students with their DSA/PIP money allowance claims and KCL Access/Mental Health Issues
- successful represented King's at Disabled Student's Conference 2 years running
- 'Personalised-Exam-Provision-Committee' Member and Contributor for 2 years
- As LGBT+ President I ensure all events are fully accessible and inclusive of disabilities on Campus and we have an equal number of alcoholic and non alcoholic events
What I will do:
- continue to establish a grassroots disabled society
- Ensure lecture capture is used across lectures and campuses
- Continue to challenge the KCL Mental Health Service on: waiting times, duration of treatment, level of care, and unconscious bias
- Move inclusion and respect into the medical and post grad file sa as teaching on disability must be improved.
- help tackle the need for better resources for students struggling with a heavily academic degree and disability combined
- Create a series of successful events for Disabled History Month
- Participate in the Blue Badge Scheme across campuses
- Continue to support the move for signage changing on Disabled doors to represent all disabilities
- Continue to work with the Wellbeing Team, especially around exam time to create calming and helpful events
- Continue to ensure society's make their events Accessible and Inclusive on Campus