Candidate for the position of Vice President Education (Arts & Sciences) (full time, paid)
Andy #1 for a free, liberated education system
KCL should be run democratically by its students and staff, in the interests of learning and improving lives, not as a business. We need a union that stands up to management and the government - if you elect me, that’s the kind of union I’ll build.
Defend education - fight fee increases
- Fight reforms designed to raise tuition fees and turn education into a business. I'm leading the campaign to boycott the National Student Survey at KCL - I want to build on this
- Develop a network of course reps that campaigns for real changes
Fix the IT: a uni for students not profit
- End IT failures that disrupt learning and lose student’s visa info. Over 260 managers at KCL earn £100k a year – spend money on the systems students need, not fat management payouts
Cut the rent and costs of learning
- Organise a student campaign for affordable rent. UCL students won a rent cut with a rent strike – why can’t we?
- fight hidden course costs and advertise KCL bursaries more
Stand up for international students
- Defend international students – freedom of movement for all. Fight visa restrictions, international student caps, and the racism that the Tories are whipping up
Solidarity with workers on campus
- Work with unions to ensure everyone – from cleaners and security to lecturers and postgrad teachers – is treated with the dignity and respect they deserve.
Action on climate change
- Full divestment from all fossil fuel companies. KCL must assist the fight against climate change with all the means at our disposal
Free childcare on campus
– long overdue and essential for many mature and working class students
For a radical student union, also vote Momin for President, Joe for Postgrad and Nicolas and Ruby for NUS Delegates!