Hi everyone, my name is Imaan Ashraf and I'm running to be your Vice President of Welfare and Community.
In the past, I have been an NUS Delegate, Welfare officer of the Intersectional Feminist Society, part of KCL Action Palestine and involved with campaigns like Students Not Suspects. As the current co-president of the Intersectional Feminist society, ensuring that students have all the support they need and feel like they are part of a community is very important to me.
So VOTE IMAAN #1 FOR WELFARE AND COMMUNITY
Take a look at my policies:
- Increase the living bursary
- Cut costs of accommodation and improve living standards through consistent checks
- Increasing support for students in hardship
- Establish a better payment plan for students paying their own fees
- Supporting anti-discrimination and ethical investment campaigns
- Improve the sexual harassment reporting system and support for survivors of sexual assault and abuse
- Fight Prevent and the culture of surveillance on campus
- Establish a hate crime reporting centre
Welfare & Support
Work towards a higher quality counselling service- shorter waiting times and culturally sensitive counsellors.
Funds to cover students mental health medication
Rigorous crisis support
Support networks for international students
- Improve sports/gym sites on campus
- work with other universities and organisations to improve transport costs for students
- Create activity spaces in libraries for study breaks