Candidate Code of Conduct
Taking part in a KCLSU election means following a code of conduct (agreeing to rules about behaviours and actions during the elections process). By nominating yourself, you’ll have agreed to this code of conduct – this will be discussed in the candidate briefings.
Listed below are activities that are prohibited – doing any of them means that you may be liable to disciplinary action under the Election/Referenda Disciplinary Procedure.
If you would like to make a complaint, please email email@example.com
Prohibited promotion of candidacy or campaign
- Campaign activity by candidate or campaign team before campaign period has begun
- Campaign publicity that is displayed in undesignated KCLSU and KCL Spaces or without permission
- Campaign publicity that causes damage to KCLSU or KCL property
- Campaign spend exceeding the campaign spending limit
Defamation of another candidate or campaign
- Tampering with another’s campaign material
- Negative campaign activity in regards to another candidate or their campaign
Anti social and intimidating behaviour, or any violation of KCLSU Safe Space Policy
- Attempts by candidate or campaign team to influence or interfere whilst a student is casting their vote
- Campaigning activity that is disruptive to others
- Campaigning activity that uses disorderly, threatening, harassing or offensive behaviour or language; in person, in writing (including electronically) or
- Campaigning activity that uses intimidating or discriminatory behaviour or language; in person, in writing (including electronically) or orally
- Campaign activity that may have criminal and / or legal implications
- Unauthorised use of KCLSU branding
- Permitting an employee of King’s College London or KCLSU, to endorse a candidate or campaign through their position or by using privileges/access given to them as a member of staff
- Inviting a person who is not a member of KCLSU to campaign on KCL or KCLSU premises
- Accepting sponsorship or donations either monetary or gifts in kind.