Was your performance in an exam or assignment seriously affected by mitigating circumstances or a serious administrative error on part of the College? If so, you can request that the Board of Examiners review their decision by submitting an appeal.

For example, you might want the Board to review a grade for a particular module or the decision to withdraw you from the College. Appeals should be submitted to the Student Conduct and Appeals office on a Stage One Appeal Form, along with a supporting statement and evidence.

Please be aware that you can only appeal once your result or decision has been ratified by the Board of Examiners.

How can the Advice Service help me with my appeal?

You're strongly advised to seek help from the Advice Service before you write your appeal. The sooner you get in touch with us, the better!

Our friendly caseworkers can talk you through the appeals procedure, answer any questions you might have about the process and assist you to complete your appeal. 

We can:

  • Talk through your circumstances with you to determine if you are able to meet one of the two regulations for making an appeal.
  • Assist you in ensuring you complete the Stage One Appeal form clearly and accurately.
  •  Advise on what you should include your statement and also provide feedback on it before you submit the appeal. Please note, the written statement for an appeal is extremely important – you should not submit your appeal without seeking feedback from KCLSU.
  • Help you make sense of your outcome and discuss the formal appeal process if you are not satisfied with the decision.

For more information about the appeals process, you can log in and contact us or check out our helpful guide to find out more about the support we can offer.